Christian Counselor and Christian Life Coach - State Licensed Agency – SCARF and CAIT
12 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening
12 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening:
1. An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
2. Frequent attacks of smiling
3. Feelings of being connected to others and nature
4. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
5. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience
6. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
7. A loss of ability to worry
8. A loss of interest in conflict
9. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
10. A loss of interest in judging others
11. A loss of interest in judging self
12. Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything
Truth about ourselves is every person’s deep search. To know oneself deeply and be at peace with who we are takes courage. If we want to know the truth about life, we must make our own lives truthful, real and authentic.
We hide from truth with many distractions; social media, alcohol, drugs, food, control issues, etc., that is where our pain lies. We hate the messes we have made – but we keep doing it to avoid facing ourselves.
The very first word someone is faced with in recovery is ADMITTED. Step one: admitted we were ________ and our lives had become unmanageable. Admitted, faced, stood toe-to-toe with, didn’t run from, didn’t hide. Then and only then, can recovery begin.
“Know thyself and you will know God” (Socrates) – and, we begin to awaken spiritually. Nearly all wisdom we possess, that is to say, true and sound wisdom, consists in two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves. (Institutes, 1.1.1, Institutes of the Christian Religion)